Hello Everyone! In this blog post I will be showing you how o make another up cycled outfit. My sister gave me a bunch of her clothes to upcycle( but she doesn’t want any clothes)t. I’ve really fallen in love with this top. The bottom part( the flounce part) is an old skirt and the top part is an old shirt. The shirt just had a stain in IT but I cut it out so that it was like the shirt was new! In a way, this DIY is taking a regular shirt and pazazing it up!
1. Take a old skirt and cut the waist band off. OPTIONAL: hem the top if the fabric frays to quickly.
2. Grab a shirt and fold in half symmetricaly so that it looks like the picture above.
3. Cut the bottom edge at an angle so that it creates a high to low effect of the shirt.
MAKE SURE THAT THE SKIRT’S TOP LENGHT WILL MATCH THE BOTTOM OF THE SHIRT
4. Pin the skirt to the shirt and sew. Make sure to back-stitch to insure the strength.
5. If the skirt hasn’t been hemmed, go ahead and do that to finish off the edges.
VOILA! This shirt was super easy to make and it’s actually comfortable. It’s also a great way to upcycle. You can wear it as a fancy top or just a casual top. I love it so much!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
HAVE A FABULOUS DAY!